I had the privilege of leading a Leadership Conference for a local corporation. They had around 50 Managers from all over the Southeast attend. I shared personal testimonies and leadership experiences from the past 20 years. It was a really good time. Here are eight Leadership Principles I shared, nothing new here…just good leadership principles.
1. Leadership is the willingness to make hard decisions no one else wants to make.
2. Great leaders learn from critics.
3. Leaders initiate needed change, even uncomfortable change.
4. The leader has a responsibility to do the right thing, regardless of the cost.
5. Leadership is lonely.
6. Do the right thing, steer clear of the wrong thing. Don’t do it if it is illegal, immoral, or un-ethical.
7. A leader’s best work is not what the leader does, but what he or she inspires other to do.
8. Leaders don’t shy away from hard conversations, conflict or challenges.