Today we began our journey to Israel! We have an incredible group of 20 participating in this years Prayerwalking/Educational Tour.
We stared out time out earlier with a stop off at the “Butch” O’Hare Memorial inside the O’Hare International Airport. Check out the story here, it was a great challenge for our group as we think about the legacy we want to leave.
Before beginning our 8 hour layover:), we had our first teaching time.
1. Live Sent!
We looked at Jesus’ words in the book of John about living “sent” and discussed how we are to live “sent” as well. The Gospel message was birthed in a small Jewish town, under Roman occupation, called Jerusalem. Men and Women of God, who throughout history chose obedience to living a “sent” life; are a testimony to the group of 20 (from MS, TN, WA and CA) going back to the birthplace of Gospel message. What a challenge for us as we think about proclaiming the Gospel to every tribe, tongue, and nation.
John 17:18 (ESV)
18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
John 20:21 (ESV)
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.”
2. Love God’s Word!
We looked at Psalms 119 and asked the question, “Where do you find your satisfaction?” As Psalm 119 points us to a love for God’s Word we can see the Psalmist ultimate satisfaction was in God’s Word. Today, our satisfaction is not only in the Word of God, but in the ultimate fulfillment of the Word of God, Jesus Christ, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
- Psalm 119:47 (ESV) 47 for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love.
- Psalm 119:97 (ESV) 97 Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.
- Psalm 119:127 (ESV) 127 Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold.
- Psalm 119:150 (ESV) 150 They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose; they are far from your law.
- Psalm 119:14 (ESV) 14 In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
- Psalm 119:16 (ESV) 16 I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
- Psalm 119:15 (ESV) 15 I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.
- Psalm 119:111 (ESV) 111 Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.
We concluded our first day of teaching by having a time of group prayer in O’Hare Airport. Continue praying for us….more to come!